Wednesday 30 May 2018

MACRAME PLANT HANGERS

I love knitting and crochet, and I really enjoyed my weaving project, so is anyone surprised that I tried macrame and loved that too?

Honestly, I don't know why i haven't tried macrame before haha. It's such a satisfying craft. So much so that in pretty much the same sitting, I ended up making another project too (which I'll probably share later), and I have so many ideas for other macrame projects I want to try. I mean, I literally went to bed that night and ended up dreaming about macrame. I'm also a little bit sad that I already own a hammock--what an amazing macrame project that could have been! I want to macrame everything.

To make these, I used wooden rings leftover from my fabric teethers, some old t-shirt yarn and tutorials and techniques I found on pinterest. The t-shirt yarn is actually leftovers from an abandoned project years ago. Anyone remember this knitted poof project? Yeah, it ended up as a bit of a ufo, just lying around waiting for me to get the motivation to finish it, before I eventually admitted to myself that it just wasn't happening and that it was time to unravel it. And by then, Graeme had actually bought a very similar poof for Oscar's nursery anyway. But yay for reusing old materials in new projects, and not just going out to get more craft supplies every time a creative whim strikes! That might be my goal for next year actually, to only do projects using stuff I already have. Should be doable with all the craft materials I'm hoarding!


Here they are hanging in their natural habitat. Have you tried any new crafts that you've ended up absolutely loving recently?

No comments:

Post a Comment