Monday 15 September 2014

KAYAK TRIP TO BUNNY ISLAND



So we went on a bit of a different photo adventure yesterday! I had borrowed the kayaks from work, so Graeme and I set out to explore a couple of the little islands in Gandsfjord, and we brought along my GoPro for the occasion. Whenever I've been kayaking before, the one thing that's always bothered me is how I've not been able to take any pictures. I've never wanted to risk taking an SLR or my phone with me, and somehow, none of mine and Graeme's 14 analog cameras are waterproof. A GoPro Hero3 White Edition on sale solved that problem (and oh my, we have SO many ideas of how to use this camera with Bo. yes, this is totally happening).



The first thing that happened on our little adventure, was that Graeme caught two mackerel. Yes, they're what's for dinner tonight. Next, we continued to this magical little island full of bunnies. I was first intrigued due to the weird structure in the picture below (room with a view, anyone?), and then as we got closer to the island I noticed some strangely shaped rocks... that turned out to be rabbits! I'm not entirely sure how they got there, as they looked like domesticated rabbits, but they seemed to be enjoying their little grassy island in the sun. We went ashore to explore, and on the other side of the island there was a small pebble beach where I went for a swim (my first swim in the sea in Norway this year, and it's in September...?), while Graeme paddled around and had his toes nibbled by the little fish.


2 comments:

  1. This looks like so much fun! Did you see the video of the Japanese island inhabited by bunnies?! It looks like such a blast. Glad that you guys had a good time.. .I am dying to go Kayaking! :) XO-Alexandra

    Simply Alexandra: My Favorite Things

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, though I'v heard about this island! Maybe I should go Kayaking there next! haha

      Delete