Monday 8 October 2018

ANKER II

Earlier this year, I shared this sweater that I knitted for Oscar last year. I love this sweater so much, but it turns out toddlers grow incredibly fast and before not long came the day he had grown out of it. So what's a knitting mamma to do? Knit him another one, obviously.



This time around, I chose a more green-y tone, and knitted it in Sandnes Garn Merinoull (the colorway is 7572 petrol). It's actually a bit of a funny color that kind of changes depending on the light, ranging from a dark sagey green to a dark grey. I actually messed up and only knitted three rows of the pattern at the yoke and had to unravel quite a bit to go back and fix it (though no one on instagram noticed or pointed it out haha).


Also, funny story: I thought it'd might be a good idea to get a couple of photos of Oscar in this sweater, but he was not up for it in the slightest haha. He downright refused and a had a giant tantrum instead. As we were on our way outside and he needed a warmer sweater anyway, I gave up and reached for a basic H&M hoodie instead, to which he cried out "JAAA!!" in excitement! Haha. That's it, that's the last time I'm knitting you anything! I thought to myself. But then the next day Graeme sent me this little video:

Oscar's new sweater from Hilde McMillan on Vimeo.

In other words, it's definitely not the last time I'm knitting Oscar something. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment