Sunday 1 February 2015

GINGHAM MEGAN DRESS


Woohoo! I finished my Megan dress from Love at First Stitch by Tilly Walnes! I actually started this way back in November in my sewing class, but then basically didn't touch it all through December or January, until I finally picked it up again this weekend. And here we are, dress complete! High five for a productive weekend.

I decided to add a contrasting peter pan collar and rolled up sleeves. I didn't actually have a pattern for the collar, so I basically just made it up based on the pattern for the neckline. All the seams are neatly finished with bias binding on the inside. And I'm so happy with the fit. I was a bit worried for a while, when I got to the bit where you're supposed to sew the zipper and I realized it was waaay too big. I guess I was a bit off with my measurements, as I ended up cutting off 5 cm at both sides. I'll need to keep that in mind for next time I make it. Cause there definitely will be a next time. Maybe a floral version?

3 comments:

  1. so adorable! really love the plaid under the black collar.really fresh and crisp

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Think I need to go fabric shopping for some florals! :)

    ReplyDelete