Monday 27 January 2014

WHAT I'M WORKING ON: OH, HELLO!

So I recently installed a new extension on my Google Chrome called Hola, and it may have ruined my life. Or enhanced it, I’m not entirely sure yet. Either way, with this extension I can now watch Netflix for any country in the world. And not only that, but I can now also watch British channels like BBC iPlayer and Channel 4OD. In other words, I had a Sunday of catching up with all my favorite Kirstie Allsopp shows. I like to have something to work on while I’m watching TV though, so I decided to do a little wall art project inspired by this one at A Beautiful Mess. I currently have tons of wall space and not enough art, so I’m always looking to add to my collection. As I didn’t have a thrifted painting to begin with though, I opted to paint the background myself first, and since I did that I also decided that I wanted the white a bit translucent so you could still see the color shining through. I also struggled a little in choosing what words to put on it, and since my letters were so big I ended up with an “OH, HELLO!”. I already have a picture a friend did that says “Hello”, so I figured if I put them near each other it’ll almost be like my wall is having a conversation. Yes? No? Just me? 

2 comments:

  1. This is so cute! I've been wanting to make a lot more art for my walls so I might try something like this! Also, Netflix is the best/worst! Oh, I can watch all 10 seasons of this awesome show? So long productivity!

    XOXO
    Becca | Ladyface Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I know! Netflix is both a curse and a blessing. But at least I can watch shows and feel productive by making stuff like this, right?

      Delete