Tuesday 23 December 2014

KNITTED BABY BOOTIES

So the most annoying thing happened while I was knitting this baby blanket for my sister's baby. I had 20 stitches left (I counted, which in retrospect probably just made me even more annoyed), when I ran out of yarn. Knitter's worst nightmare, right? I contemplated undoing a couple of lines and finishing it off earlier, but it actually seemed more complicated than what it was worth. So off to the yarn shop I went to get another ball. Needless to say, this left me with some leftover yarn.

And what's a girl to do with a ball of baby merino wool? Make some cute booties, of course! I first came across the pattern for these in a copy of Mollie Makes that a friend of mine brought over to me from the UK when she visited this summer, but I could not for the life of me understand the writen instructions how to put them together. Even though I've been knitting for a good ten years now, knitting instructions baffle me. But then I came across these instructions from Small Friendly, complete with a diagram, and it all made so much sense. The booties were super quick to knit and put together. Barely used any yarn though, so I still have quite a bit left. Any suggestions of what to do with the rest?



1 comment:

  1. Yeah, think I'll be making a few of these! So quick to make too!

    ReplyDelete