Wednesday 8 August 2018

THE NO FRILLS SWEATER


You guys, it's finally done! And I know what you're thinking, it's about damn time. Haha! To be fair, I started it a while ago, I just lost momentum somewhere in March, and then we basically traveled all of April. I finally picked it up again in May, but wouldn't you know? I ran out of yarn. Classic. I only had a sleeve and a half left, so undoing it and knitting something else didn't really seem like an option. Naturally, the specific colorway I used has been out of production for a while, but I finally managed to track some down from an online store in Denmark. I'm a little embarrassed at how much I had to pay for postage though (especially since it's from Denmark which is essentially just a hop and a skip away!). So yes, I've finally finished my cozy, woolly sweater, and it's the middle of summer. Good thing I live in Norway where you never really know when you'll need a cozy, woolly sweater.


Anyway, troubles aside, it's done! It's normally knit with two threads, but as I decided to use leftover yarn I decided to just knit with one thread and adjust the needle size accordingly. The yarn I used was Du Store Alpakka's Baby Silk in 318 Teal, which I bought years and years ago. If you're a long time reader, you might remember this? I originally bought the yarn for a cardigan pattern, which I ended up abandoning all together. When I finally picked it up this year to finish it off, I decided it wasn't really something I'd want to wear now, so I unraveled the whole thing and started this sweater instead. And here we are!


This is seriously such a lovely sweater though, and I'd love to knit another one in a light tweedy yarn. It's a fairly basic pattern, where the only slightly complicated part is the neckline, but once you get the hang of it it's fine. And it's a top-down pattern, which means it's really easy to try it on as you go so you get an idea of what it's gonna be like. I already know I'm going to get plenty of use out of this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment